Letting Love--And Tears--Flow

The Bible verse that Stan and Adina Hatch shared as a favorite when I interviewed them for the book was: 

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling -- Philippians 2:12

Adina Hatch exemplified her faith in how she lived. She gave abundantly of herself to others. The Bible says: 

Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it. -- 1 Cor 12:27

We are taught that church members are part of Christ--we are his hands and feet.

When Adina came to our church, despite having cancer, moving to a new place, and having a special-needs son, she jumped right into volunteering. When the congregation was made aware of the need for a Sunday School teacher. Even though she and Stan agreed to step back, she thought...

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.--Isaiah 6:8

Likewise, Adina stepped up taking a church member to a doctor's appointment, helping with technology as we navigated online church during the pandemic, taking young college women to lunch, participating in boards, prayer meetings, etc... 

We mourn heavily at Grace Baptist Church, for we are missing a leg.

Here's another example of the love she so beautifully shared--

https://medicine.temple.edu/education/narrative-medicine-program/blanketed-love



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Johnny Ring: The Story of the Sword